Friday, July 25, 2014

Ten years old today!

Somehow my little girl is already 10 years old!
I can't quite believe it!
 
These are the party invitations I made.
You pull the rosebud and magically the box opens and you see the invitation inside.

I made all the little dolls to go inside.

 
This year Liberty wanted to take her friends to a place called 'Jump' to play on trampolines!
After that we had an afternoon tea party at home.
 
I made wrappers for chocolate bars to send them off to Jump.

We had her party in the school holidays when three of her friends from the South Island were here.

Liberty had a lot of her own ideas for her party décor and asked for 'bright pastel colours'.
I was happy to oblige!
 

She asked for a chocolate cake with two layers and chocolate icing...as usual I iced it at the very last minute - while the kids were at Jump (hubby took them there - which is why there are no photos!).
 
Liberty wanted the pastel m&m's  to spill out of her cake when it was cut.
 
It was her friend's actual birthday on the day we had Liberty's party so they blew out the candles together.



When I was out shopping and saw those umbrellas in the party colours I had to have them!
 
Once again my fabulous friend Pauline was there to help!
 
The girls all made their own ice cream concoctions - that was fun!
 
 
 
We put together DIY Slime kits for the girls to take home...making slime is one of Liberty's favourite things to do!
And I made the dress cookies Liberty requested...although she thought they looked a little too princessy!
 
The party was a couple of weeks ago.
But this morning for her actual birthday...
 
 I lit these candles just before she got up.
 

Her brother gave her 100's & 1000's chocolate that she had been wanting to try.
Her daddy took out to breakfast on the way to school...it's not every day you turn ten!

After school I took Liberty and her friend to an ice cream bar - Liberty had been wanting to go there!

 
Ten years later and that funny little dark haired baby has grown into a beautiful, fun loving blonde!
 

20 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Liberty! What a fun and beautiful party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh qué fiesta de cumpleaños más linda!! Me encantan todos los detalles, es genial. Muchas felicidades Liberty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have got to be the coolest mom ever! I want you to plan my next birthday! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am famous for telling people with babies & young children to be careful; if you blink you will miss something, blink again & they are grown! I have 2 grown sons & it felt like their childhood went by in a flash. I did a few custom birthday parties for mine also & hope they have fond memories of those events. Though we should realize it's what we do on ordinary days that really count. Memories end up being an accumulation of lots of little events. Happy 10th birthday Liberty from a mom in faraway Washington. Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Liberty, looks like you know how to celebrate turning 10. My younger girl was 10 in February, growing up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is growing up to be such a beautiful young lady. I really really want to have a cake like that for my own next birthday. You are so clever. Best wishes from Ireland where it is still the day before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW! What a great Mum you are! My children feel lucky if I give them a cake instead of giving them an excuse. All of the efforts that you put into this party are a LOT, yet you and Liberty and the little girls are all enjoying it to the Max!
    I'm with you Mercedes, I am constantly Amazed at how fast the time has gone by.
    Continue to savor every moment as I see you are!
    And a Very Happy Birthday to you, Liberty! :D
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very Happy Birthday to Liberty! Everything looks so lovely. Liberty is certainly blessed to have such a wonderful Mom! How she has grown! A lovely girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to a lovely young lady! Where does the time go? I wish I knew, my little girl turned 40 this year...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Liberty! And you, Mercedes, are a great mother full of ideas!
    This party was great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liberty Happy birthday!!! She is such a lovely girl. You must be very proud of her and she must be very proud to have a mother who organizes such beautiful birthday parties.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous day. You are so clever with all the party ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Muchas felicidades a Libertad!!, es increíble como a crecido y se nota los cambios en cada celebración, me encantaron todos los detalles de la fiesta.Besos

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very late happy birthday to Liberty! What a wonderful party you planned (the invitations are inspired!), a great time had by all no doubt, and what fun to share it with a friend. And her actual birthday looks pretty special too, a couple of really memorable celebrations of a special birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous August 7 after Dakota I think you have the wrong blog. These comments are regarding a birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enhorabuena,la he visto crecer en el blog,y este cumple ha sido de chica mayor.
    abrazos (una fan desde españa)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enhorabuena,la he visto crecer en el blog,y este cumple ha sido de chica mayor.
    abrazos (una fan desde españa)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enhorabuena,la he visto crecer en el blog,y este cumple ha sido de chica mayor.
    abrazos (una fan desde españa)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love reading your posts about Liberty's birthday parties. I think they must be the most perfect parties in the world! They make me want to have a party like that on my next birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!