Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The other side of the bathroom door...the hidden hallway

Here's the hallway I've created at the other end of the old bathroom.
I bought the wallpaper with tiny chairs on it when I went to visit Kim in America.

(Yes, I know the window trim is falling off in some of the pics. But if I stop to take new pics this will never get posted!) 
You only get a little glimpse of the linen cupboard through the bathroom door.

 I've always wanted to build a linen cupboard and the hallway seemed the perfect space to create one.
The doorway beside the cupboard is the entrance to the stairs up to the third level.

 The linen cupboard won't really be able to be seen unless you look through the window from the outside...and even then you need to pull the window out to see it properly - which is why the window trim keeps falling off!

Still room to add a few more things in there!
I just have a 'thing' for pictures on glass at the moment. 
When I found the chair picture on the Graphics Fairy site I couldn't resist adding it to the glass to go with the wallpaper.



Sabiha made the window cleaning supplies and I made the tin basket to put them in. 
Sylvia made the wooden box.

Maybe it's still a bit too tidy...yes, definitely room for more in there!

20 comments:

  1. How beautiful! It's a sweet surprise tucked away. The details are what really make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hallway behind the bathroom is just right! I love the way you used the chairs as a theme on the wall and the glass door - and added a real chair in the corner. Nice work.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Mercedes! All of the linens drape perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Félicitations ! c'est magnifique...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little space is now my favorite! I love your laundry cupboard and especially the way that you have filled each of the shelves. The look of each stack drapes naturally as looks as though it is often visited. The variety of towels and blankets and the tiny finished edges that peek between the layers is Beautifully executed and the colors combinations are all well thought out!
    Love It! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Wonderful little space.
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great as usual Mercedes! I love how you've stacked all the linen, it just looks so natural! Can you tell us what your secret is?? The little crochet afghans and the blanket with stitched edge are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no secret Shannon! I'll try and get another post done, just for you, to reveal what I did.

      Delete
  8. me encanta , ese armario es precioso y el papel de la pared me parece muy original

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mecedes,
    Yes, the blanket stitched and crocheted edges are perfectly
    in scale. It looks terrific.
    So nice to see it also love the transfers on the glass doors.
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your linen cupboard is so beautiful! You have filled it with so many treasures! I would not be able to bear shutting it off completely.... perhaps you can make a window that is open part way??? Just so you can really see inside! (Besides, I love windows that open!) And the tiny chairs wallpaper is a treat! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations for your work! It's so real! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. As cute as a button, I love it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute space! love the wallpaper with tiny chairs, is perfect! beautiful towels and blankets.

    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work and great ideas!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice! I like the chair wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work and great result, Mercedes! It is exactly how has to live a mini house, with places we cannot see at the first sight, but have to be made to make the house totally realistic! ♥ Léa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like it, the "glass" on the doors is a very nice touch.

    Hugs
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work, all the incredible details? Just perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks nice, beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!