Monday, November 17, 2008

New Beginnings

Well, here we go! Finally after months of thinking about it I have a blog. Thanks to all the encouragement from Autumn and inspiration from the many fabulous blogs I visit.

Many (far too many) years ago I read a quote from Theodore Roosevelt which said,"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." That quote has stuck with me and really sums up most of the crafty things I do.

My father-in-law recently gave me a huge bag of parquet flooring that he hadn't used in the house he had just sold. I have a dollhouse (more about that another time!) and he thought the small strips of wood may have been useful for making miniatures. After a few days these little number houses are what I came up with. I've put magnets on the back of them but they can also be blu-tacked on to the wall.

And here they are on the wall in my daughter's room. She's four years old and just loves them.

And here's a close-up. You can probably tell I'm a scrapbooker but more about that in the future too!
Sometimes I even surprise myself with what I come up with! I couldn't believe how cute these turned out.

So hopefully with this blog I'll be able to inspire a few more people to do what they can, with what they have. It's really all about having fun and making pretty things!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours, textures and papers. Very creative idea. And I can verify that the little fence posts look even better in 'person'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! I love your little houses! So cute! You have a lovely style in crafting! Thanks for visiting my blog today! I'll try to post the cinnamon rolls and cinnamon swirl recipe soon!
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs, Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!