Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day!

I thought Mother's Day would be the perfect time to show you what I've been working on
 in the 'Rose' Bedroom.

I think every dollhouse needs a baby's room.
Perfectly tiny bonnet and bootees made by Susan at Mini Crochet Mad.

A bunch of peach coloured roses for Mother.

'That's What God Made Mother's For' is framed on the wall in honour of Mother's Day.
It's a piece of vintage sheet music I found years ago in an op shop.

That's a tiny knitted mouse I bought at a dollhouse fair.

Part of the bassinet was in a room box I found at an op shop. 
The room box was dated 1982. 
I didn't like the top netting of the bassinet so I've re-made that part but the bottom is covered with the finest cotton fabric and it has age spots on it - which I love! 

I made the dress from an old handkerchief.

I went searching at an op shop (yes, I do spend too much time op shopping) for something to make the blanket from and found a baby singlet that I embroidered tiny rosebuds on...because the world needs more rosebuds!

That teensy safety pin was a challenge to make.
I did make two but one fell on the floor and that was the last I saw of it!


'Shelfie'!

Teddy has been thrown from the bassinet!

The dressing table was a gift from Kim
It was originally painted white.
I've added some pink (had to be done!) and vintage style floral paper and made a little basket for nappy storage.


Wishing all the Mums out there a very Happy Day!




22 comments:

  1. Happy mother's day Mercedes. Your baby room is adorable - that tiny safety pin is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such happy photos to gaze upon. Thanks for sharing, and Happy Mother's Day to you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Una preciosa y tierna escena!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo también creo que todas las casitas necesitan su cuarto del bebé y el tuyo es adorable. Todo lo que hay en él me gusta, los suelos, las paredes, la cuna, los complementos... EL vestido te ha quedado maravilloso! Y también me encantan las cortinas. EN fin, una escena adorable, felicidades! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous and sweet!!!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an ideal baby's room! You've done a beautiful job; I love the rose theme. All the details make it so realistic. The whole room just thrills my heart! Thanks for sharing - and have a Happy Mother's Day!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The whole room setting is just gorgeous! So warm atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful room :o)
    Best wishes Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable bassinet, dress, chest, love your baby room, Mercedes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply marvelous, as are all of your creations! Did you make the dollhouse in the baby's room?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!
    Everything is simply adorable.
    The little pink dollhouse is perfect.
    Happy Belated Mother's Day --

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful! Cute and sweet! The buds of roses on the blanket are fantastically tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this so much, every single fabulous detail, you are so talented at aging items and bringing everything to life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que trabajos mas bonitos .. me encantan , felicidades !!.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these rooms, so beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this room! All your special touches, finishes, and handmade items are just perfect! Just today I discovered your blog (I'm recently back into miniatures) and I love all your posts and photos. I'm not sure if you're still doing the blog, but I'm reading all the old posts. Thank you for sharing your lovely miniatures with us!
    Cynthia McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this room! Everything in it shows your attention to sweet details and it's just adorable! Thank you for sharing your miniatures with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!