Friday, June 5, 2009

Noah's Ark Bedroom

Although my son's name is Noah, this never started out to be a Noah's Ark room, it just evolved that way! This room is in the top right corner of the attic and it is rather dark. I may yet change the wallpaper. I love the dark blue stars but I do have the same wallpaper (it is real 1:1 paper) in other lighter colours.

The shabby red shelf started life as a $2 shop non-opening cupboard, as usual I pulled off the doors and added shelves. That cute little chest of drawers came from a second hand shop.


Anne, the lady who helped me with the wiring, asked me what sort of light I wanted in this room and I said a balloon light would be good! So Anne went diving into her boxes of bits and found a round plastic ball to make into the balloon and a little lid to use for the basket. I covered the basket with scrapbooking paper. Elmo came off a cellphone charm.

The Noah's Ark pic on the wall was given to me by a lovely old lady at our club. That cute little golliwog sailor I bought in Melbourne. The toy box I bought from another lady at our club.
I went to a quilt shop to look for fabric to make the bedcovers from and found this Debbie Mumm Noah's Ark miniature print in the bargain bin! The lovely orange teddy bear came from Hanna in Finland.
The chair I made! I had a little bit of this fabric left over from something I made years ago. I had just enough fabric to cover the chair, not a scrap was left!
Hope you enjoyed that little tour!
Mercedes

16 comments:

  1. "Miniatures"....it is all about imagination!!!! You Mercedes are certainly blessed with this....another lovely room!

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah will be proud of his room, the ballon lamp is wonderful as well as all the other odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely! The lamp with tiny Elmo looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat chair! And your light is awesome!!! Love the theme in here..too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the giraffe, zebra and stars came are perfectly placed on your chair. It's all so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a real life Noah's Ark collection so I especially enjoyed seeing this room! The chair and bedding are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does Noah like this room? You have the sweetest soft toys, Mercedes. Anne is a darling and that balloon lamp is just like her, darling! Wish I can see it lighted up. This chair is for mummy right? When she puts Noah to sleep lol. Too comfy for a boy but I can imagine falling asleep in it in 5 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never cease to amaze and impress us with your talents. :-)

    The rooms are both lovely. There's too many wonderful things to even begin to pick favorite bits. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful! In close-ups it does not seem to be too dark at all, lovely deep blue in the wallpaper I think. The balloon-lamp is just great and again your furniture are really good. You should make everything yourself ;o)... I know, it's so slow and it's wonderful to have things from here and there in one's house. Great finds here all over again. This is such a treat to see things in detail. Thank you so much, Mercedes!

    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely room! I just love that painted toybox! All is so nice!

    Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mercedes,I love the little Noa tour! I think the wallpaper is looking fine this way!It is a beautiful boys room,and I love the toys and all the details in it!

    Big hugs, Sabiha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Muy bonito, te ha quedado un atico, muy acogedor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful boys room you have made. I just love the lamp and the little chest. Any boy would love to play in a room like this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ADORO TUS MINIATURAS.. Y SIN QUERER ME TOPÉ CON TU BLOG.. CURIOSAMENTE UNO DE MIS GRANDES SUEÑOS ES CONOCER TU PAIS Y SU CULTURA, QUEDÉ ENAMORADA DE ÉL DESDE QUE VI EL FILM DE "WHALE RIDER"... SALUDOS DESDE MÉXICO.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mercedes, I stumbled across your blog via Jill from Club Little House. I love your dollhouse, your style is beautiful, and I would love to live in a full-scale version of your house! I think I will be stalking your blog daily now, looking at your wonderful birdhouses and enamelware.
    Do you sell any of your items? I have an Arthur dollhouse kit waiting to be built, I think it will get a lot of inspiration form yours ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got my most Fine Bedroom Furniturefrom spacify.com where prices seemed to very reasonable

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!