Saturday, August 6, 2011

A visit from Norma

At the beginning of June I was lucky enough to have a visit from Norma of 'Make Mine Mini'.
Norma made these beautiful gifts for me. I love those chairs and the sweet little wooden tray. The little resin angel she sent me when she returned to Sydney.

Norma sent this chair to Liberty for her dollhouse which was under construction when she came...sorry to say it's still under construction two months later. (I'm finding it hard to get motivated to do anything this winter! Although this week I have made an effort to get things moving with Liberty's house.)

Norma also gave Liberty this absolutely stunning screen printed (life size, lol!) tea towel.
It was made by the fabulously talented Lamina at 'Do A Bit'.
It's far too beautiful to be used as a tea towel...we did however use it at Liberty's birthday party last week...I'm just sorting through the party photos now and will show you that next week!

Frederica (on the right) of Frederica's Little World came over and joined us for lunch. 
It was a fun day!

And here's a little surprise that landed in my mailbox recently from Katie at 'Katies Clay Corner'.
Two of the sweetest little birdhouses with cake decals on them.
When Katie saw the mini bakery she thought they would look perfect there!
Thank you Katie!!

Mercedes

19 comments:

  1. I dream one day, just as you did now, finding friends who love miniatures.
    Hugs.

    p.s. I'm anxious to see the continuity of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mercedes! I would also love to see you and works in person. :) The new additions are oh so beautiful. I'm looking forward for your next post. :) Have a great weekend. r

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has tenido el regalo de la visita y los materiales, así que completisimo, te queda un grato recuerdo.
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  4. los regalos son muy bonitos, pero lo que mas me gusta es la amistad compartida.
    un beso para libertad, y un gran abrazo.

    Gifts are nice, but what I like most is the fellowship.
    a kiss to freedom, and a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. preciosos regalos ¡¡ disfrutalos ¡¡
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey You! Those chairs she made are beautiful both the shabby ones, and the ones for Liberty's house... Which by the way if I'm correct has been in the works a lot longer than 2 months, *giggling*.... And I know I am not the only person who is dying to see what you've done!

    Will you guys be into the Spring soon- That's when it will come back to you, it always brings new ideas:) Until then.... stay warm:)
    hugs!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Estos regalos son preciosos, me ha gustado mucho veros en las fotos,
    Besos desde España, de las Malu´s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. una belleza los regalos y el mejor regalo...la visita de amigos.
    besos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. que bien pintan vuestras reuniones...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Das war bestimmt ein nettes Zusammentreffen!

    Vielen Dank für die Bilder und das wir dabei sein durften!

    Liebe Grüße an Dich Mercedes

    PuNo/Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sono dei regali stupendi,mi piacciono molto le sedie e le casette per gli uccellini!
    Spero di vedere presto altri tuoi lavori,mi piacciono tanto le tue ambientazioni,sono molto realistiche,
    Un bacio grandisimo
    MelyG

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely gifts, congratulations. This was a nice post to read, wish I had been at your lunch.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very lovely gifts, congratulations :0) that must have been a wonderful day with Norma and Frederica.

    Katie makes such adorable birdhouses, I was so lucky to recieve a gift from her too, she's very talented. :-)

    Hugs Jollie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful gifts for Liberty and you and how great that Norma has visit you.
    Love Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the mini chair and pillows - every time you show us great minis!
    Ina :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such lovely gifts i look forward to seeing more of your work
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful that the three of you were able to get together! The birdhouses are so sweet and Norma's chairs and box are perfect. I love how she aged them. I can't wait for you to start miniaturing again. In the meantime, I console myself with revisiting your blog now and again and admiring all of your past work! Come back soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!!! everything is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was definately a day to remember! I hope you've managed to squeeze the chairs into the barn :)

    Looking forward to seeing progress on Liberty's house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!