I know I said the next post would be the bathroom but I've had a few questions about the bed so here's a little peek into the somewhat haphazard way I make things!
I have a great love for vintage iron beds.
So when it was time to make a bed for La Maisonnette there was no question it would be an iron one.
I had an idea for what it should look like and flicked through a few books and surfed the web for some inspiration.
I never did find a picture of the exact bed as I saw it in my head.
I didn't draw a picture of anything, I just started building it.
I don't have many pics of the bed making process so this isn't a tutorial!
The bed really is just made from florist wire and beads and glue.
I bent the wire around a little bottle that I found on my desk.
Those gold things are some dollhouse hinges I had - and by some miracle was able to find them when I needed them.
The bed feet are just eyelets.
Of course I made the bed ends without even thinking about how I would attach them to the bed base. Aaaaaaarrrgghhhhh!!!!!
Oh, well...where there's will there's a way...
I taped a bugle bead to each of the bed legs (you can see one on the left of the pic above) then glued a piece of wire to each side of the bed base to slot into the bugle bead.
I buy vintage hankies at the op shops whenever I find them.
They make perfect bedding.
I don't like cutting them up but sometimes it has to be done.
Here's the other side of the bed that will only be glimpsed through the window.
The most important thing about this bed was that it had to fit in the space.
Fortunately I measured the width of the alcove the bed was going into and made allowances for the bed feet as they stick out further than the bed ends.
I've made that mistake before.
Once again I surprised myself when it turned out like the picture in my head!
Thank you all so much for stopping by here and for the lovely, kind comments you left on my previous post.
I've missed you!
It feels good to be back!