Wednesday, August 25, 2021

La Maisonnette Kitchen

 
Welcome to a very tiny kitchen!
This little space has been quite a challenge.
No room for appliances in this compact space!

And as you can see from the pic above,  I've used the space right to the very edge of the Maisonette.
I should have probably built that cupboard a bit smaller but clearly measuring isn't a great skill of mine!

Originally I made a marble benchtop but it didn't look right so close to the marble fireplace.

I was making the hole in the benchtop to fit this bowl but the bowl looked too new. 
I prefer a slightly grungy, lived-in, vintage vibe.

You knew there'd be pipework!

I searched everywhere for a better bowl for the sink.
This little bottle of 'stuff' was sitting on my windowsill. 
It was with my mother's art things when she died. I kept it because it was cute.

I had looked at the lid as a possible sink many times and eventually when I couldn't find anything else I tried it in the hole and of course...

it was a perfect fit!
Thanks Mum! xxx

Like I said the kitchen is compact and there's not much storage,
so I made a shelf for above the sink.

There's a pretty pic of the kitchen a couple of weeks ago...but things are always changing!
There's always another idea...

I had the idea to make an old fireplace mantel shelf to go on the other side of the kitchen.
And I thought a French kitchen needed vintage canisters, so I just made those too.

But once I'd made it I decided it looked better here above the sink.
And you may have noticed that in this pic I've added a cupboard door...just because it was too hard to fill the cupboard!

I saw a real life table like this on the internet and I just had to make it in miniature.

This time I measured better!

There's only a little hotplate for cooking here.
I figure as there's going to be a patisserie downstairs the tiny occupants won't need to cook much!

And there you have the kitchen!

We're in Covid lockdown here in New Zealand again because the Delta variant was discovered in the community.
So you know what that means for me - more mini making time!
I'm working on the patisserie already.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love your attention to tiny details and I admire the way you change things if it doesn't seem right to you...I usually just live with things I'm not too crazy about - I am determined to be more like you and if it isn't perfect then I'll change it! Can't wait to see the patisserie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Size definitely does not matter when you've managed to pack so much charm and detail into the space! It's perfect! Can't wait to see the baked goods on display downstairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work Mercedes! Love it! Lots of character with all the basics one needs to get by. If I had a patisserie or boulangerie below me, my life would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tiny kitchen is really gorgeous, you managed to put quite a lot of things in such a small space.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! I can’t even begin to think how you made some of these beauties. You should write a book! First I love that you can make things look lived in! Second I want to see the whole little patisserie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely Mercedes. I love how much sweet detail you have managed to fit in to such a tiny space.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I think this wins my favorite Tiny kitchen ever! It is so sweet and compact and full of charm. You do that so well! And you made the furnishings yourself! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!