Wednesday, December 8, 2021

La Patisserie

              I know it's been a while...but life seems to throw unhelpful situations at me these days!                                                               

Progress has been made on the patisserie.

I've built a bakery counter with a marble top.

Not exactly sure where it should go yet.

I made the display case next.
Then the cabinet for it to sit on

with drawers for supplies in the shop.


There was a weekend I was obsessed with making plates!
You can find the tutorial I watched here.

The plates are made from scrapbook paper.

I made the coffee pots from paper too.
I guess it's possible to make anything from paper if you put your mind to it!

It's getting there!
All the beautiful cakes were made by Kim Saulter. 
Eight years have gone by since I visited Kim in California...It still seems like yesterday!

Maybe now I'll try and decorate the Maisonette for Christmas.
I hope you're all having a great December.
I've been thinking this year I should make gifts using only the stuff I already have.
However, even after three months of lockdown all I have made are two Christmas decorations from felt I've had since I was a teenager!

9 comments:

  1. I love how the display case looks. That's amazing. And the marble top of the counter...wow. Looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta como quedan todos los muebles que has diseñado para esos deliciosos pasteles.
    También los platos y cafeteras han quedado muy bien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely as everything you do. You have a special touch! I wish you a lovely Christmas and send a tight hug, Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! I especially love the display case with the curved glass. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is great, it will be a wonderful patisserie. I especially like the display case.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous start to the patisserie, Mercedes. That curved display case is just to die for - very clever.
    Have a lovely Christmas.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you are totally unafraid of making whatever it is that you need to complete your mini projects and that the end results are always spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!